Gateway Solo 5100 laptop/parts FS/trade/offers

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Dave, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi!

    recently replaced LCD inverter for mitsubishi LCD. worked fine.
    unfortunately a slider for holding keyboard in place apparently stuck.
    I was very careless attempting to unstick. punctured cable at left
    under keyboard. started having boot up problems. unit would not
    complete scandisk (Win98). re-formatted. same results. now laptop
    does not boot at all. I am very disappointed. laptop was very good
    to me. want to sell as is, or sell parts, or buy parts to repair
    (assuming I can figure out what is wrong). I really did like this
    laptop. all responses considered.

    some specs:

    Processor a Main Circuit Board
    233 megahertz Intel Pentium II
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Gateway 2000
    Solo5100 Rev
    5
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD 4.06 03/23/98
    Drives Memory Modules
    4.09 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

    Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

    Generic IDE hard disk drive (4.09 GB) -- drive 0, No SMART
    Driver
    128 Megabytes Installed Memory (have old set of 64mb
    memory somewhere)

    Controllers Display
    Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
    Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) Chips & Technologies
    65555 PCI
    [Display adapter]
    Super VGA 1024x768 [Monitor]
    Bus Adapters Multimedia
    PCMCIA Card Services
    Texas Instruments PCI-1250 CardBus Controller
    Texas Instruments PCI-1250 CardBus Controller
    Iomega Parallel Port Interface
    Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    ES1879 Control
    Interface (WDM)
    ES1879 Plug and Play AudioDrive (WDM)

    Communications Other Devices
    Gateway 2000 Telepath 3CXM356 [Modem]
    Infrared PnP Serial Port
    Infrared PnP Serial Port (*PNP0510)
    Linksys Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard
    Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter
    Network Card
    Network IP Address: 204.0.208.227 / 26 Infrared
    Communication Device
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    USB Root Hub

    also have

    good battery (runs about 2 1/2 hours on charge)

    CD Rom module
    Gateway 2000 ac/dc adapter
    PowerXtender Airplane & auto adapter
    Linksys PCMIA Ethernet card media coupler

    please e-mail any and all offers/trades etc.

    Dave Smith

    Dave, Dec 22, 2003