    Does it Magickally Work with Profiles and Quarter Turns or only under
    the most Perfect Conditions... If at all! ?

    Thanx!

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 2, 2009

  2. It's not magic, and it can't recognize a profile if it only knows
    about a face-on shot. My experience is that it is only useful with
    something close to a full face shot.

    It also makes lots of mistakes, but it is still (in my opinion) much
    better than not having it.

    (By the way, in standard English one only Capitalizes Proper Nouns and
    the First Word of A Sentence rather than Randomly beginning Words with
    Capital letters.)

    Doug Anderson, Nov 2, 2009

  3. Yes.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 3, 2009
  4. The Translucent Amoebae

    John Varela Guest

    I found it to be useless. More false hits than valid ones.

    John Varela, Nov 3, 2009
  5. I think this probably depends on what your idea of useful is.

    Yes, the facial recognition does not hit 90%, but I get far fewer than
    50% false hits (though I get a lot of faces where it can't guess at all).

    But I find it easy to correct, and then I find it very useful to have
    my collection of pictures organized by face.

    Doug Anderson, Nov 3, 2009
  6. The Translucent Amoebae

    John Varela Guest

    I have keywords for my wife, my children, my grandchildren, and
    myself, and have religiously assigned the keywords to all the photos
    in which any of these people appear. This produces zero false hits
    and zero misses.

    John Varela, Nov 4, 2009
  7. Well... that would be cheating wouldn't it...?
    After all; At that point, it's merely taking a wild guess,
    and then checking the back pages for Answers.

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 9, 2009
  8. The Translucent Amoebae

    John Varela Guest

    I have keywords for all close family members. I was hoping to use
    Faces for cousins, friends, etc. Didn't work. Some of these are
    people I have known for many decades, and some since birth, and
    children do change as they grow, and people do change as they age,
    so maybe the test wasn't fair. If you're a college student and all
    your pictures were taken within the last 18 months it might work for
    you.

    John Varela, Nov 10, 2009