gcc-4.1.1/gcc/libgcc2.c:1956: undefined reference to `atexit'

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by techie.embedded, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Hi

    I am trying to build an Toolchain from source on my machine running on
    Fedora Core 5 . I am referring to the following link for the same :

    http://newsgroups.linuxbroker.com/index.php?tab=com&newsgroup=comp.os.linux.m68k&article=270

    The Source's I'm using for my build are :

    build-uclinux-tools.sh
    binutils-2.16.tar.gz
    elf2flt-20060608.tar.gz
    gcc-4.1.1.tar.bz2
    genromfs-0.5.1.tar.gz

    When I run the build-script, after a while, i end up with the following
    error :

    make[1]: Leaving directory `/uClinux/uClinux-dist'
    m68k-uclinux-gcc -nostartfiles -o lib/libc
    -I/uClinux/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/include -m5200 -mid-shared-library
    \
    -mid-shared-library -mshared-library-id=0
    \
    -Wl,-elf2flt -nostdlib -Wl,-shared-lib-id,1 \
    lib/main.o \
    -Wl,--whole-archive,lib/libc.a,-lgcc,--no-whole-archive
    lib/libc.elf2flt: In function `__do_global_ctors':
    /uClinux/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/libgcc2.c:1956: undefined reference to `atexit'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [lib/libc] Error 1

    I have been able to fix / patch a couple of the other errors, but
    havent reached anywhere with this one.

    any help or pointers to fix it will be appreciated.

    regards

    krish.

    techie.embedded, Dec 11, 2006