    heavy paper weight?

    Thanks in advance,
    Andy Seidl

    Andrew Seidl, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Andrew Seidl

    Elias Guest

    Can you define "very long while"? I've seen them take a minute or
    two. I just don't know what your patience level is.

    Elias

    Elias, Aug 6, 2003

  3. I'm running a GDM20-E20 on my PC, and it must be only lightly used,
    because it comes up in seconds, every time, and in all respects it's
    a fantastic monitor.

    CJ

    Chris Johnson, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Andrew Seidl

    Andrew Seidl Guest

    For me, a very long while for a monitor to start working is about an hour.

    Andrew Seidl, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Andrew Seidl

    Elias Guest

    Sounds unusable to me. Can you hook it up to another host to see if
    you can replicate the problem?

    Elias

    Elias, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Andrew Seidl

    Andrew Seidl Guest

    Right now, no, not really. I have 2 SGI Indys, and the same thing
    happens for both. I've heard from a bunch of people who use the
    GDM-20E20 with SGIs (including Indys with the 8-bit graphic card, like
    mine) without any problems.

    Andrew Seidl, Aug 8, 2003
  7. You just gave the answer.

    Have a competent technician go through the monitor and resolder any
    questionable solder joints. It's worth it.

    CJ

    Chris Johnson, Aug 9, 2003