    jeff Guest

    Is it worth my while or should I wait till the next round of cards?

    Jeff

    jeff, Mar 5, 2004

  2. jeff

    DaveL Guest

    It depends on what processor you have.

    Dave

    DaveL, Mar 5, 2004

  3. jeff

    Nic Guest

    It depends on what processor you have.

    No it dont, I depends on what kind of money u have...

    Tomshardware did a huge test on this - cpu is not that important as it
    used to be...

    Of course, If u have an old P2, then of course it does...

    Nic, Mar 5, 2004
  4. jeff

    neopolaris Guest

    Yes it is. I just went from a ti200 to a 5900 and it's a very noticeable
    difference. Processor is an XP2500 10.5x215. My ti200 on a KT3 would yield
    9000 3DMarks01. Same card on a KT6 equals 11,000 3DMarks. Same processor.
    So much for Tom's theory.

    neopolaris, Mar 5, 2004
  5. jeff

    Nic Guest

    Yes it is. I just went from a ti200 to a 5900 and it's a very
    noticeable
    Lol what did u expect?
    ??? - Thats excactly what his theory concluded?!

    Nic, Mar 5, 2004
  6. jeff

    Bruce Tyler Guest

    All things being equal - Of course you should. That's a huge "leap of
    faith" and you will notice a significant/huge improvement. "I promise
    you"...

    Bruce Tyler, Mar 5, 2004
  7. jeff

    Nic Guest

    All things being equal - Of course you should. That's a huge "leap
    of
    Agree.

    Nic, Mar 5, 2004
  8. jeff

    neopolaris Guest

    CPU speed is very important. That was my point. Same card and processor.
    I failed to mention the cpu was clocked higher on the KT6. System speed,
    cpu speed-whatever. Apparently my old ti200 wasn't done yet. A faster
    system was still producing higher scores. My buddie has a ti4200 on a
    1.2GHz celeron. It's not that quick. Why? system speed is too slow.

    neopolaris, Mar 5, 2004
  9. jeff

    Nic Guest

    CPU speed is very important. That was my point. Same card and
    processor.
    Always is.
    slow.

    Of course. But if u have a 2Ghz P4 and a P3, the difference wont be
    that huge with, lets say, and fx5900

    Nic, Mar 5, 2004
  10. jeff

    neopolaris Guest

    Sure it would. The P3 would bottleneck the card bigtime.

    neopolaris, Mar 5, 2004