    I have used the latest drivers for both cards and upgraded to DirectX 9.0.

    Is the '4' FX chipset inferior to the older '3' Ti200? If not, why is an 8x
    128Mb card slower than a 4x 64Mb card?

    Dalesgate, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Dalesgate

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    The 5200 is slower running DirectX 8 compared to the Geforce 3 Ti200. The 5200
    would probably be faster in the test if you turned on Antialiasing for both
    cards. 3Dmark2001 uses DirectX 8. The 5200 is also at the bottom end of the FX
    line of cards.
    If you tried running 3Dmark2003 the 5200 would most likely beat the Ti200
    because its more of a DirectX 9 test.

    PRIVATE1964, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Dalesgate

    t thome Guest

    The GF3-Ti200 is the better card. Even with 3dMark2003, it's been my
    experience that the GF3 runs better numbers than the 5200fx.

    t thome, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Dalesgate

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    The GF3-Ti200 is the better card. Even with 3dMark2003, it's been my
    You sure about that?

    I would think having the DX9 features alone would make the 5200 get a higher
    score in 3Dmark 2003 compared to the Geforce 3 Ti200.

    Here is a 5200 beating a Geforce 4 - 4200 in 3DMark2003. So how can it possibly
    beat a Geforce 3 ti200?

    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-150-4.htm

    PRIVATE1964, Aug 10, 2004