    integrated TV tuner. If it's something I can hook up my cable tv up too and
    record movies/shows to hard drive cool. If its just a fancy way of saying it
    has TV-OUT, big f*cking deal. Thanks for all comments.

    Bradley, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Bradley

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Mmm, The FX5200 is a budget card and in gaming not a fast card, though
    older games it can run.

    The 128-bits versions ( with 10,4GB memory speed ) are indeed
    reasonable cards but I fear they are not faster as your GF3 ti
    card...atleast not much.

    It probably is as fast as an GF4 ti 500 card, so it's not much of an
    upgrade, but it's cheap so I guess if you dont'have much to invest....

    What kind of games do you play/ programs do you use / needs do you
    have regarding a graphics card?

    Dark Avenger, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Get the FX 5600 non ultra or 5200 Ultra at least - fastest fx5200 ultra 3d
    Mark 01 Athlon XP score 9422 @ 1721mhz 133fsb fastest fx5600NU score Inno3D
    FX5600NU @ 370/641 :: AXP2000+ @ 1862MHz 149fsb 10535 both should hit around
    9000 with 1800mhz CPU and bit of overclocking but don`t quote me.

    FX 5200 Ultra £ 60 ex VAT & Del at http://www.dabs.com
    FX 5600 Non Ultra £ 70 ex VAT & Del at http://www.dabs.com

    For reference I get 12000 with a 2ghz XP CPU good tweaked motherboard &
    memory settings and overclocked Ti4200 at 166fsb with 43.45 drivers. At 1667
    around 10600 with same settings I think.

    I think FX5600NU optimised might get somewhere around 11000 with 2ghz XP
    don`t quote me.

    Nick Le Lievre, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Just be carefull of the FX5600XT which is slower then FX 5600 and FX5600
    Ultra and it costs less too!

    Nick Le Lievre, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Bradley

    BelaLvgosi Guest

    Well, errm, I have a known person in a 2.4 celeron+512ddr with fx5200 that
    performs way slower than a ti200 on a 1333tb with sdram. Altough 3dmark
    score was almost the same, you had to run games with less detail. I wouldn't
    really change a ti200 to a 5200. As everyone says, try instead a gf4 ti, or
    in the worst case a 5600.

    BelaLvgosi, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Ah yes I believe the pixel shader performance is what brings it up in the
    3D mark and maybe slower in existing games.

    Nick Le Lievre, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Bradley

    DaveL Guest

    Close. The 128 bit 5200 is the same performance as a GF3 ti200. The GF3
    ti500 is equal to a 5200 Ultra. So going from a GF3 to 5200 in general is
    NOT an upgrade. Going to a 64 bit 5200 would be a DOWNGRADE.

    Here's a test of 80 video cards done recently. Dial-up users beware. It
    took me a minute to download it with cable.
    http://www.ixbt-labs.com/articles2/over2003/index.html

    Dave

    DaveL, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Bradley

    DaveL Guest

    Yeah, lol. Those Celerons are a good match for a 5200. They both suck.

    Dave

    DaveL, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Bradley

    MAD Guest

    If you want a budget card atleast get a 5600XT or Ultra.
    They are pretty good cards for the price. Much, much, better than the 5200's
    ..
    If you like demo's the 5600XT will run the Dawn, Dawn Ultra, and Dusk demos
    from Nvidia.

    The 5200's??? Well, I could barely get Dawn to run on my system with a 5200
    Ultra.

    I'll stick with my 5700 Ultra :)
    It scores 4000 points higher at stock speeds than a 5600 does overclocked on
    my system.

    MAD, Dec 23, 2003
  10. Bradley

    Darthy Guest

    Why would you spend $90 for a side grade? You wouldn't notice the
    difference... other than you get dual output.

    Spend $80 and get a Ti4200=64mb, it's about twice as fast as the
    GF3-Ti200/fx5200.

    Only a few hundred maybe left on the market, try www.pricewatch.com

    Darthy, Dec 24, 2003
  11. Bradley

    Darthy Guest

    Thats because your friend/person you know bought a junky Celeron, that
    is on performance with a 1.1Ghz Pentium3 CPU (2-3 year old chip)...
    for the money he paid for INTEL INSIDE, he could have gotten an AMD
    2500 that would have smoked it... yep, its about 3 times the CPU power
    over that Celeron.

    So that alone effects his gaming performance.

    Darthy, Dec 24, 2003
  12. Bradley

    Darthy Guest

    Thanks for that posted link... HOLY SHIT... thats a LOT of cards!

    Worse yet... 5 (FIVE) different kinds of 5200!
    9 DIFFERNT kinds of 5600s!!! (64bit and 128bit XT cards)

    This is COMPLETE BULL SHIT!!

    It used to be, you bought an non Ultra or an Ultra and KNEW what kind
    of speed to expect.... not anymore!!

    I recommend everyone to SAVE this page... not just bookmark it.

    note: on the Unreal2 mark, it says default details... but Unreal2
    changes its visual setting automaticly depending on the GPU.

    It's hard to say WHAT part of the game or demo they gauge the card
    at... on my AMD-2500, and the lower end 9800Pro (380/360) - I was
    getting between 70~95fps in 1280x1024, MAX details, a bit HIGH on the
    shadows settings (15 / middle / middle)...

    On the P4, they scored it 97fps @ 1024x768...

    Its a good scale of the video cards... but they forgot 2 MORE GPU
    tech...
    Onboard Intel Extreme and Onboard Nforce2

    Darthy, Dec 24, 2003