    Tokyo Otaku Guest

    I am using Windows 2000 with Sp4 somehow lately I noticed there has
    been a lag... ideas ?

    Tokyo Otaku, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Here is a site with BIOS, and other utilities for Nvidia
    cards. Be warned! It may not go as you'd like. I had successfuly
    flashed an old TnT2 M64 32MB AGP I have in my legacy DOS machine, but
    I decided to flash my brother's old GeForce 2 MX400 64MB AGP to the
    newest BIOS on that page, and got a card that dispayed unreadable
    garbage. I had to reflash it back to the previous BIOS "blind". Good
    thing I remembered the proceedure since I couldn't read the text on
    screen. I have a GeForce 3 Ti200, and a GeForce 4 Ti4400 that I
    decided to leave as is.
    Here's the website:

    http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

    Larry Roberts, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Tokyo Otaku

    Builder Guest

    Wow thanks bios upgrade fixed my interlace problem TI 4200, at start-up with
    my lcd monitor. I suggest you make a ms dos system disk and add files to
    that. Don't use dos window or even restart in pure dos.

    Builder

    Builder, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Tokyo Otaku

    DaveW Guest

    The newest MOST STABLE driver for that older card is the 45.23. You can
    download it at the NVidia site.

    DaveW, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Tokyo Otaku

    René Guest

    A driver and a BIOS are not the same. The driver is the piece of software
    You install in Your OS, the BIOS is a piece of software in a flash-ROM on
    Your VGA card.

    Greetings,
    Rene

    P.S. If You meant to say that the OP's problem is likely not to be caused by
    his BIOS but by his driver which is too new for that card (don't know about
    that, it might well be true, I believe You), please consider my posting as
    not having been posted ;-).

    René, Oct 5, 2004
  6. Tokyo Otaku

    Silvertip Guest

    That is not the "NEWEST" or necessarily the "MOST STABLE" drivers for that
    card. Dave, get with the times and information. You constantly put out
    this drivel when others including myself (with TWO Ti4200 cards in different
    setups) know better. We constantly tell you (and others) the truth but you
    continue to spew out bad information. I am currently running the 56.72
    drivers on BOTH of my cards with no problems at all. These cards started
    with the 30.82 drivers and over time, worked my way up (including the 45.23
    drivers). I have not had any problems with drivers newer than those.
    Silvertip

    Silvertip, Oct 6, 2004