Geforce 5600 Ultra vs Radeon 9500 Pro Recomendation

Discussion in 'ATI' started by James A Taber, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. I am confused about which card to choose? Can someone help me to decide...

    #1 Geforce 5600 ultra
    #2 Ati Radeon 9500 pro

    All help is greatly apprecheated...

    Thanxs in advance
    -James A Taber

    James A Taber, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Hi,

    I am still able to get the 9500 PRO... what do you think should i buy 5600
    ultra or 9500 pro... i am not sure anymore

    Before i read the "buyers guide" at www.tomshardware.com i was sure that i
    was going to buy 9500 pro but after a read the guide i am not sure any
    more... i hope someone could help me deciding...

    -James A Taber

    James A Taber, Jul 16, 2003

  3. James A Taber

    Fred Guest

    Don't be a fool get a 9500 pro

    Sorry for the fool thing but the 9500 pro out performs the FX 5600

    i had the 5600 and i'm still using the 9500 pro

    9500 pro got 1500+ MORE marks in 3dmark2001se

    Fred

    Fred, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Hi,

    The 9500Pro looks like a really good middle-end card and it is meant to have
    a good overclocking potential, what price can you buy it for?. The 9700
    vanilla (non pro) is a better card I think, it is identical to the 9500Pro
    EXCEPT it has a 256-bit memory interface, compared to a 128-bit memory
    interface on the 9500Pro. This gives it TWICE the potential memory
    bandwidth and would make a difference if you intended to play high res or
    with lots of AA and ansio. . . .

    I'm gonna read that toms review now. . . .

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Jul 16, 2003