    Does it get close to the 6600 speeds when overclocked?

    Cheers
    Sharp

    Sharp, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Sharp

    NightSky 421 Guest

    LOL! I got a laugh out of your price/performance claim! Well, I guess that
    card's suitability depends on what you plan to use it for and how far you're
    willing to lower graphics quality in some of the newer games.

    True, but price usually determines actual performance.

    It's not exactly new anymore, but the most current anyway.

    NightSky 421, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Sharp

    Anthony Guest

    if u really beleive that then I got snow in china to sell ut cheap!

    Anthony, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Sharp

    raj Guest

    raj, Apr 12, 2005

  5. I've seen a few reviews before that showed the 128bit version
    with the pipes unlocked, and the core/memory overclocked scoring
    pretty nice in Doom3, CS Source, and 3dMark, and such. It scored far
    better than you'd think a budget card would, but it's not a widespread
    phenomena, so it leaves to wonder if it is just exaggerations, or
    "flukes".
    I myself am on a budget, very tight budget... With my niece's
    wedding coming at the end of the month, all my extra spending money
    has been taken for the trip, so it maybe another 3, or 4 month's
    before I could afford to upgrade from my GF4 Ti4400.
    Unless the 6600/6600GT AGP where to take a drop in price to
    near $100.00 price range (yeah... right!), I might be looking to the
    6200 AGP. If I could find more ppl who would confirm if this card can
    be made to perform at the levels these reviews have shown, I'd take
    the plunge. I'm still on a SlotA/8X AGP mainboard with an Atlon XP
    3000, but by the time I could afford a newer 64bit system, the
    6800GT/Ultra will be long in the tooth, or totally unacceptable for
    the current games that would be out. My budget is never able to
    catch-up to current PC technology.
    Oh well. I have another 3, or so month's to scrape some cash
    aside for a new, or new-to-me, videocard, maybe I can find a standard
    6600 AGP for around $120, or less by then, but I doubt it.

    Larry Roberts, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Sharp

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Quite impressive, although I wonder how wide-spread such success is, and how
    long the cards will hold up for. Still, if you can get 6600 level
    performance out of a 6200 and have the card last a year or so without any
    glitchiness with games, that's pretty good value.

    NightSky 421, Apr 13, 2005

  7. he's not talking about outright performance, hes talking about price per
    performance. its very cheap

    Iain Dingsdale, Apr 13, 2005
  8. Sharp

    Sharp Guest

    All of the Geforce 6200 256/128mb AGP 8X I have seen only have DVI output.
    My monitor only accepts VGA.
    This means I have to buy a new DVI TFT monitor! Just aint worth it.

    Cheers
    Sharp

    Sharp, Apr 13, 2005

  9. No. If it doesn't come with a DVI to VGA adaptor, you could
    purchase one seperatly.

    Larry Roberts, Apr 13, 2005