GeForce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by R420, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. R420

    R420 Guest

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15268

    Geforce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors

    Sheesh kebab

    By Fuad Abazovic: Saturday 10 April 2004, 11:26

    NEXT WEEK is when Nvidia's hammer strikes the forge and NV40 sparks
    fly.
    We already know a fair amount of what Nvidia will reveal on the 13th
    in San Francisco and on the 14th in the land of chocolate and cuckoos.

    16×1 and 32×0 no Z values is what Nvidia wants to tell people and
    12353 3D marks 03 for the chip that has an amazing 222 million
    transistors.

    As we said before Nvidia will push hard the fact that it is the only
    firm that will have a Pixel Shader 3.0 model on the market and it will
    focus its marketing efforts there. This means that apart from full
    support for Shader Model 3.0 it will support model 3.0 Vertex Texture
    Fetch/Long programs/Pixel Shader flow control Vertex Texture
    Fetch/Long programs/Pixel Shader flow control and full speed fp32
    shading. Let's hope everyone understands what this means.

    There are plenty of other features of the chip which can do 16 pixels
    per clock Color & Z or 32 pixels per clock Z-only, 64-bit FP Frame
    Buffer Blending & Display, Lossless Color & Z-Compression and a new
    Antialiasing approach called High Quality AA - Rotated Grid full MTR
    (multi target rendering I guess), and accelerated shadow rendering.

    The chip is built by IBM on a .13µ (micron) architecture and it will
    use the 60 series of drivers - currently 60.70.

    Geforce 6800 Ultra has two power connectors and is, surprisingly a one
    slot card for its reference card.

    It uses GDDR3 memory clocked at 550MHz but some partners might go even
    higher.

    Nvidia officially told me a few days back in London that we won't get
    any samples from them since we are not a review site.

    In fact, it likens us to The Sun, Britain's top newspaper. Except we
    don't carry pictures of young ladies or footballers although we do
    cover mobile phones. µ

    R420, Apr 11, 2004

  2. R420

    John Lewis Guest

    Yeah, right.... the equivalent to The Star here in the US. And equally

    trashy ( in a techno-style, of course ).

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Apr 11, 2004