GeForce 6800GS Video Card SUCKS ASS, why ??Or Why am I retarded?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Bob Brown INC., May 2, 2007.

  1. I bought a geforce 6800gs about 9months ago. It was a HUGE ASS
    mistake, I suspect I lost a lot of IQ points and have become mildly
    retarded. The card sucks ass, it's slow and hot enough to melt
    concrete. Their is a GIGANTIC LAG when even typing really fast, and
    games aren't jerky but you can tell that card is sucking. If I
    download some program http, their is this lag to allow me to click
    'save as' and another lag to jump to the download window, then another
    lag to 'remove download from list' option.

    If I open more than 10 tabs in Seamonkey it lags as each window opens
    like it is really working hard.

    ALSO, If you have notepad open and grab the window with the mouse and
    move it around really slow, you can see a trail of the window. I
    didn't enable 'window trails' in my xp options either.

    If you move that same window around the screen REALLY fast, you can
    see the temp of the CPU and VIDEO CARD jump up 5C in about 30 seconds.

    If I left-click on the desktop for that little menu, there is a 1-2
    second lag to get to that little menu. If I click 'refresh' it has
    another 1 second delay before it refreshes.

    PDF files, if I grab the document and scroll fast it is like the video
    card is going 'omg, let's move this thing, whoops' and then it moves.

    If you play a avi,mpeg,wmv of under 20 megs, it will start only after
    about 4-5 seconds, Like it's telling the card to wake up. If you skip
    to the middle of the movie if has a HICCUP and then waits 3 seconds to
    start at that point.

    This card is terrible, I don't see people with this card with THESE or
    THIS MANY problems. I AM ANGRY!

    I tried going from 32-bit to 16-bit colors, NO HELP.

    I have the latest STABLE drivers.

    Why did I buy this model of card?

    I remember reviews at the time said it was a good card so why does is
    suck so much?

    Can I replace it with something better, where I can TELL a difference,
    ??

    I research comp parts at least 2-3 weeks before purchase, how did this
    happen?

    What would you do with this shitty video card?

    HELP ME, Tell me what to do, give me something, some advice, I'll take
    any advice that is not expensive at this point. I am not made of money
    either.

    Please help, yes this is a serious request

    thanks

    Bob Brown INC., May 2, 2007

  2. PSU?

    --

    Rev. G.G. Willikers

    The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or
    took a few liberties with our female party guests. We did.

    But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for
    the behavior of a few sick, perverted individuals.

    If you do, shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system?

    And if the whole fraternity system is guilty,then isn't this
    an indictment of our educational institutions in general?

    I put it to you, Greg.

    Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

    Well you can do what you want to us, but we won't sit here
    and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

    Rev. G.G. Willikers, May 2, 2007

  3. Bob Brown INC.

    Paul Guest

    Does the motherboard use an Nforce3 chipset ?

    Paul

    Paul, May 3, 2007
  4. Bob Brown INC.

    don't look Guest

    Might not be just your video card.Whats the rest of your system?
    How many programs are running including startmenu,icons on desktop etc. All
    this suff can accumulate and realy bog down a system.
    I don't see any of those problems with my 7900GS.

    don't look, May 3, 2007
  5. power supply unit? thats gonna help the video card?
    the 400 watt i have is the problem..

    hmm, i'll get back to you in a few weeks.

    Bob Brown INC., May 3, 2007
  6. i think its nforce4 chipset.

    but i could be wrong, after all i bought that video card.

    Bob Brown INC., May 3, 2007
  7. On Thu, 03 May 2007 03:41:23 GMT, "don't look" <don't
    OS-Windows XP.Home SP2 5.1.2600
    Motherboard-Asus A8S-X BIOS 08/26/05 VER: 08.00.10 SiS 756 AMD Hammer
    CPU-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice S939 Step DH-E6
    Monitor- LG L1933TR-SF LCD 19"
    Video Card-NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS(256 MB) NV41GS
    Memory-Corsair VS1GB400C3 1GB(PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    Hard Drive-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS Perpendicular
    Recording Technology 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
    DVD-SAMSUNG IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBE 18X DVD±R DVD Burner 12X DVD-RAM
    Write, LightScribe

    thats it, what the verdict now???

    Bob Brown INC., May 3, 2007
  8. Bob Brown INC.

    Paul Guest

    In the reviews of the AGP version, one guy mentions it not working
    with Nforce3.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814143045

    But your A8S-X is PCI Express and an SIS chipset (SIS756). No one
    here seems to be having any problems. But neither do I see an SIS
    chipset mentioned.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814130063

    So the next place to look, is the Asus forums. There are only 98 threads
    here for your motherboard. And there are video problems listed here, but
    at least one theory is some kind of resource conflict. Your symptoms
    are different, because at least you get an image on the screen. Many of
    those guys got a black screen on boot.

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&board_id=1&model=A8S-X

    So no hints out there. Which leaves dealing with the symptoms
    directly.

    Do a ctrl-alt-delete. Bring up the Task Manager and display the
    CPU performance. Now, repeat some of your test cases, such as typing, or
    bringing up a dialog box. Is the CPU getting pegged at 100% load
    for long periods of time ? As if the CPU is forced to draw every
    pixel itself ?

    If you run any of the 3DMark benchmarks, are your results anywhere
    near what other people report for your video card ? Does 3DMark
    (any version) complain about drivers or feature support ?

    It almost sounds like video is not accelerated at all. I don't
    have a PCI Express system (the shame of it...), but I understand
    there should be a number of "PCI to PCI" bridge entries in Device
    Manager. And those have something to do with PCI Express. The driver
    apparently comes from Windows, because there is no driver for PCI Express
    on the SIS site.

    I wish I could help further, but without a machine to look at
    Device Manager, check what drivers are present, it is hard to
    tell whether your system is accelerated or not. You could
    try going to Start:Run and type "DXDIAG" without the quotes,
    and run Dxdiag that comes with DirectX 9 install.

    Have you installed an Nvidia graphics driver (of course you have) ?
    Is DirectX 9c or later installed ?
    Do the tests in Dxdiag work ? Any errors reported ?

    I'd recommend Powerstrip from Entechtaiwan, but the status
    screen in that program was mainly for AGP. Again, without a
    PCI Express system here, I have no idea whether Powerstrip has
    anything cogent to offer on the status of your system.

    It sounds like your video is not accelerated. But with no PCI
    Express system here to play with, I cannot tell you more
    specifically what to look for. Suffice to say, based on many
    of the other people who reported being satisfied with the
    6800GS, it is possible to have a better experience than
    you've currently got. I think something other than the video
    card is to blame. And no, I don't suspect power issues.

    One last thing. Have you checked the Event Viewer ? Are
    there any errors in there, like a driver tried to load
    and had problems ?

    Paul

    Paul, May 3, 2007
  9. OK smart Guy. What BRAND is the Video Card.

    Oh and yes you could have performance problems with a 400W PSU.
    If your rails are overtaxed, I could see your problems happening.
    Have you even tried a different molex connection?

    You mentioned heat as well. What does the heatsink and inside of the fan
    shroud look like, fuzzy?.

    Have you tried the card in another PC? If it's crapping out on another
    PC, you could probably get it RMA'd.

    Rev. G.G. Willikers, May 3, 2007
  10. Bob Brown INC.

    johns Guest

    Any chance the brand was XFX ? If so, you got a broken
    refurb. You have to properly bribe them to send you a
    new out of the box 6800.

    johns

    johns, May 8, 2007
  11. Bob Brown INC.

    GMAN Guest

    Download the motherboards AGP chipset drivers from either ASUS website or
    directly from SIS

    GMAN, May 9, 2007
  12. Bob Brown INC.

    GMAN Guest

    OOps, wasnt paying attention. I was thinking AGP, not PCI-Express. Still, make
    sure your chipset drivers are up to date. And make sure no other card is
    conflicting with the video card.

    GMAN, May 9, 2007
  13. On Wed, 09 May 2007 04:10:07 GMT,
    (GMAN) Let everyone including the NSAs Internet database storage
    program know as they typed on their keyboard faster than a monkey on
    crack the following:

    pci express video card though

    Bob Brown INC., May 9, 2007