    DVD player, VHS player and DVB-S work as they should. Other PC with ATI
    card works fine on that TV.

    Does anyone have idea what could be the problem?

    joe, Sep 19, 2008

  2. joe

    deimos Guest

    Tearing like that is usually noticable on LCD's due to their "hold type"
    display nature and horizontal movement. But on a CRT I find it odd.
    I'm not sure what connection you're actually using as TV-out generally
    indicates video component or s-video/composite.

    VGA output shouldn't look any different then on a computer display
    (other than blurry). Try VideoLan to make sure it's not some Directshow
    or decoder weirdness. Then if that fails try something like Reclock
    (http://reclock.free.fr/) to sync your frame rates up.

    It could be your 8800GT manufacturer used a weird TV-encoder chip too or
    had bad shielding.

    deimos, Sep 19, 2008

  3. joe

    joe Guest

    Sorry, i have this card:
    XPERTVISION GF8800GT, PCIe x16, 512 MB, DDR3, 256-bit, GPU 600 MHz, RAM
    1800 MHz, 2x DVI-I, S-Video, 2560x1600, NE/8800T+T352

    TV is:
    Quadro CTV-72F20 29", 100Hz, flat.
    http://www.quadro.tv/products.php?id=38

    I use RCA cable and as i said this cable and TV work good with other pc
    that has ATI card. I think it is rather software than hardware problem.
    It is hard to describe problem well. It looks like im watching video
    over remote desktop on some other PC, over fast connection. Like screen
    doesnt refresh fast enough when camera moves. PC is fast enought (3.2
    GHz dual core, 4 GB RAM, 7200 sata2 hdd).

    joe, Sep 20, 2008
  4. joe

    Paul Guest

    What exactly does the "100Hz" mean ? I would have
    thought 50Hz or 60Hz would have done the job.

    I didn't see a manual on the quadro site, and I cannot
    look it up.

    I understand some display devices do interpolation and
    frame rate doubling, for smoother video. Example press
    release here.

    http://www.jvc.com/press/index.jsp?item=588&pageID=1ℑ=true

    If the TV has an OSD (on screen display), I'd browse through
    there, and see what options it has.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 21, 2008