    Anyone known what an acceptable GPU temp for the 9400GT is? My niece has
    a PNY GeForce 9400GT 1024mb card that seems to be running at fairly
    high temp (71 C ) without doing any graphic intensive work.

    Joe, Nov 18, 2009

  2. Joe

    deimos Guest

    Only if your ambient is very high and your case is crowded. Normal
    temps should be around 40-50C or less at idle. For example, my 9800GTX+
    runs 62C under load. It idles around 50-54C depending on ambient.

    You'll have to either clean the card's fan, your case, or see about a
    replacement cooler. Note that up to about 70C or so is technically
    "safe". Much more and you risk video corruption and graphical
    artifacting, not to mention spontaneous shutdowns.

    deimos, Nov 18, 2009