Geforce FX 5200 128MB Blue Screen (White is blue)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Wildbill, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Wildbill

    Wildbill Guest

    Has anyone had this problem?? I shut down. Next time I booted, I have
    no white on my screen. Where it is supposed to be white, it is a pale
    bright blue.

    Any Suggestions??

    Thanks in advance

    Wildbill

    A7N8X-E Deluxe
    AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
    2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    Geforce FX 5200 128MB
    Windows XP Home SP1

    Wildbill, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Wildbill

    teqguy Guest

    Had the same issue with previous cards... are you on an LCD monitor?

    If so, use the DVI>>VGA adapter that came with your card, it should
    clear up this issue.

    I don't know why, but directly connecting to VGA causes a fluctuation
    in voltage for LCD monitors. Adding an adapter seems to clear this
    issue up.

    I can't pinpoint whether it's the card or the monitor, though I'm
    putting my money on the card.

    teqguy, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Wildbill

    Wildbill Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:15:24 -0400, Wildbill <> wrote: Sorry to
    bother everyone, but found the problem. A loose cable on the CRT.
    Tightened it and everything is fine!

    Wildbill, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Wildbill

    teqguy Guest

    I was close... knew it had to be something to do with the connector ; )

    teqguy, Apr 14, 2004