    on ebay and it comes with the FX5200, will i be best to keep my GF3 or use
    the new FX5200 ?

    cheers all esp shronk if ya know this one :)

    smith, Apr 8, 2004

  2. smith

    Shonk Guest

    gf3

    Shonk, Apr 8, 2004

  3. smith

    DaveL Guest

    It all depends on which 5200 it comes with. If it's a 128 bit card clocked
    at 275/500 (the fastest 5200 made) then it will be a tad faster than the
    GF3. Other 128 bit cards will come in a little slower (but may have better
    image quality). If it's a 64 bit card then there is no question. The GF3
    will be twice as fast.

    Dave

    DaveL, Apr 8, 2004
  4. smith

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Depends, if the FX5200 is an Ultra..or a Non Ultra with 128bits memory
    bus, then it will perform like a GF3 ti200

    If though it's a FX5200 Non Ultra with 64-bits memory bus.... then...
    then it will perform like a GF2 orso!

    Dark Avenger, Apr 8, 2004
  5. smith

    Bruce Tyler Guest

    I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to part with the GeForce 3 card
    just yet. It may well outdo the FX5200 - and quite handsomely too.
    Although the FX5200 is ok for someone moving up from maybe a GeForce
    original or GeForce 2, I would say a GeForce 3 Ti200 might well make
    it look silly... If you had a Ti500, I would say - definitely trash
    the FX5200, so I am willing to bet that a Ti200 is only marginally
    less in performance than the Ti500, whereas FX5200's have provided
    only one thing amongst upgraders = Disappointment...!!!

    Of course, not all FX5200's are created equally. There are bound to be
    some which are better than others.. This also goes for GeForce 3 Ti200
    cards too...

    Bruce Tyler, Apr 8, 2004
  6. smith

    DreamMaker Guest

    it depend on are fast your system is check out some benchmark at
    futuremark.com just to get an idea.

    DreamMaker, Apr 9, 2004