    Cheers... Rob.
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777 - http://www.allpoetry.com/aphextwin777
    "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

    Robin, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Robin

    Romano Cule Guest

    You would be very angry when you discovered that you make biggest mistake in
    your life ! :))
    FX 5200 is slower than gf3 ti200,and gf3ti500 is faster than fx5600 !

    Romano Cule, Aug 3, 2003

  3. From what I seen of benchmarks, and such is that if you
    compare both these cards at there stock speeds, the FX5200 comes out
    ahead of the Ti200 by a few FPS, or so. Not really an upgrade. That's
    if you get a true 128bit memory bus FX5200, and not the crippled 64bit
    memory bus that many people get, becuase they jumped on the cheap
    price without doing their homework.
    I've noticed that if you overclock these cards, the Ti200
    gains alot of performance over an overclocked FX5200. If you look at
    the specs on both these cards, they are almost the same. Yet the Ti200
    just performs alot better when overclocked. Someone said it's because
    most FX5200 cards don't have fans, but cards like Prolink, and
    Gainward's 128bit memory bus FX5200s do have fans, and still can't get
    the overclocked performance of the GF3 Ti200.

    Larry Roberts, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Robin

    B Guest

    You didn't mention exactly what type of tight budget you can afford. It
    appears you are in the UK and if so then what I suggest is that you pick up
    this months UK edition of PC Pro magazine as there about 16 graphics cards
    tested in this feature with different price ranges. Compare their benchmarks
    against that of your card and then see what can fit your budget and
    performance requirements.

    regards

    B, Aug 3, 2003