    while ATI / AMD have the advantage in shader and flops performance.

    This is not even concidering the introduction of R700 aka HD 48x0 X2
    with dual RV770 GPUs on one board.

    NV55, May 27, 2008

  2. NV55

    Blig Merk Guest

    What a twat. You are so stupidly silly. You put on your NV55 tinhat
    when you have to begrudgingly give Nvidia some credit, then you go
    back to your Airhead-Raid alias when you hallucinate and believe ATI
    marketing hype.

    What kind of nitwit are you? You just babble and babble about graphics
    cards, searching for the most obscure and unreliable sources to fit
    whatever distorted perception grabs you that day. The truth is that
    you don't even buy graphics cards. You are probably using an original
    Radeon DX7 card in whatever clunker of a PC you have to "getz on duh
    internetz".

    Jesus, anybody that still uses that idiot Charlie Dimerjian on The
    Inquirer as some kind of even half believable source is more of a
    technical retard than that buffoon.

    The Geforce GTX 280 comes out in a few weeks, about the same time as
    the Radeon HD4850, and preliminary synthetic benchmarks are already
    showing the HD4850 is slightly faster than a 9800 Ultra where the GTX
    280 is more than 30% faster than a 9800 Ultra. The HD4850 will be a
    lot cheaper but then its performance is not much beyond the 9800 Ultra
    and will be priced about the same.

    Give me a break. You know you are too much of a twit to ever get a
    dual-GPU card, so why even bring it up. Seriously, you seemed to be
    half a nitwit when you were Cyg-Anus the Bringer of Imbalance but you
    have just grown more stupid and psychotic over time. Why haven't you
    adopted RV770 as another one of your psycho-schizo aliases, fuckwit?

    Airhead-Raid's closet full of psychotic aliases:

    CygnusX-1
    Cygnus the Bringer of Balance
    video-game dude
    Air Raid
    airraid1
    Air Raid Mach 2.5
    multi-core
    Radeon
    Radeon350
    NV50
    NV55
    R420
    R500
    R520
    Xenon
    MS Will Destroy Sony Computer Entertainment

    Blig Merk, May 31, 2008

  3. NV55

    nv55 Guest

    Oh I'm aware of that. I wasn't talking about the number of shader
    units / stream processors in GT200 (240) vs RV770 (480), but the total
    floating point performance that's currently expected. GT200 was
    expected to provide 1 to 1.3 TFLOPs but is now thought to provide only
    0.933 TFLOP, while the smaller, less complex RV770 XT with fewer
    transistors is expected to provide 1 TFLOP.

    True.

    That said, GT200 is a very highend chip while RV770 is more like upper
    mid-range if you think about it. RV always stood for the value
    line.
    yes, the real fight will be between GTX280 vs R700 (the X2 version
    with 2 GPUs)

    Hehe, I guess so :)

    nv55, Jun 1, 2008
  4. NV55

    theunione Guest

    like wow, you really let him have it

    theunione, Jun 3, 2008
  5. NV55

    Miles Bader Guest

    Say what you will about airraid, but his posts really get the spittle
    flying...

    -Miles

    Miles Bader, Jun 7, 2008