Geforce ti4200 long pauses during MOH and Dungeon siege games, any way to fix?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Soulcatcher, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Soulcatcher

    Soulcatcher Guest

    Here's my system:

    amd 2000+
    512 mem
    xp pro
    asus a7n8x - deluxe mobo
    pny geforce 4200 128meg 8x agp

    All new drivers and bios installed
    directx 9.0b

    Here's the problem.
    I installed the latest video drivers and then upgraded the new
    directx, and now all my games pause for a couple seconds at random.
    No error messages are displayed.

    The system works great otherwise.

    I have tried everything. Reinstalled drivers, reinstalled winxp, put
    back directx 9.0a (which worked before), installed old drivers that
    worked. Nothing works.

    Any suggestions will be helpful.

    Lee

    Soulcatcher, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Soulcatcher

    Billy_Bat Guest

    The latest drivers are more suited for the FX line of cards. You would be
    better off with 45.23 or such. Remove the 52.xx and all should be well. At
    least better. ;-)
    Good Luck!
    BB

    Billy_Bat, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Soulcatcher

    nobody Guest

    I had problems with the gart drivers included in the recent 3.13
    nforce driver release. Installed newer version as found in this
    thread and my problems disapeared.
    http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=271896

    nobody, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Soulcatcher

    Bruce Tyler Guest

    I have a system pretty darned close to yours (Ti4200*128mb, XP2000+
    512mb RAM, Asus MB - XP Pro SP1 - DX90b) and I run 41.09 drivers... I
    have NO such problems. Maybe you should go back to older drivers as
    the newer ones may not be the best for any of the Ti series cards...

    My games actually run noticably better now I have installed DX90b...

    Bruce Tyler, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Soulcatcher

    Tom Guest

    I had a similar problem - I'm pretty confident it was me overclocking my
    video card, as soon as I changed the clock speeds to regular, the pauses
    stopped. Are you overclocking perchance?

    Tom

    Tom, Nov 17, 2003