    I have Gainward GeForce2 (220/450MHZ) GTS 64mb. Is it better if i upgrade to
    radeon 9200 pro ? I'm on rather tight budget. So only need a card that is
    somewhat faster than this one.

    Asestar, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Asestar

    Lee Guest

    an ATI radeon 9600XT would be an ideal upgrade, what are your system specs?

    Lee, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Asestar

    Asestar Guest

    As I said, i'm rather short on cash. My desktop pc is just for occasional
    gaming. I was happy with this geforce2, but i think it is now dying! (posted
    on this board..), so i need replacement.
    Radeon9600XT costs a bit much.

    Which one is a better card than GeForce2 gts (speed vise)?
    Radeon9200 128mb (not SE) or 128mb FX5200

    Here are my specs:
    Duron1300
    512 pc133
    40+8Gb ata100
    Abit Kt7a mb
    Geforce2 gts (core 220/450MHZ mem) 64mb
    Sblive digital 5.1
    winxp sp1

    Asestar, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Asestar

    Derek Baker Guest

    Some comparisons here:

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/connect3d-2.html

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/connect3d-2-part2.html

    Derek Baker, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Asestar

    Darthy Guest

    For your speed and performance and budget.
    but a GF4 Ti4200 while you can... It's still faster than your
    comptuer but will give you some usage when you upgrade your board.

    Which by the way, you should be able to put an AMD XP1800 on it,
    perhaps faster for $50.

    Ti4200 is about $70~90 now on www.pricewatch.com (type in Ti4200)

    Or newegg: $90
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=Ti4200

    Performance chart:
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-13.html#unreal_tournament_2003

    (note, these are done with a system thats about 3 times faster)

    Darthy, Jan 17, 2004
  6. Asestar

    Bobby Guest

    Don't know about comparing these products but I upgraded from a GeForce 2 to
    an FX5200 and I was very pleased with the performance improvement. Windows
    XP and associated apps like the DirectX support.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Jan 17, 2004
  7. Asestar

    Asestar Guest

    I think Gf4 ti4200 or even a gf3ti would be a good choice for me.
    I can only look at those low prices, not buy them. Reason? I live in Oslo,
    Norway. That's outside USA. Is there any site that ships cheap Gf4 or Gf3 to
    European countries? Thanks..

    Asestar, Jan 17, 2004
  8. Asestar

    Mike P Guest

    Tha Radeon 9100 is better than the 9200 if you want ATI. Or an 8500, which
    is a bit faster than a gf3 ti500. I'm not sure of the nvidia equivalents.

    Mike

    Mike P, Jan 17, 2004
  9. Asestar

    Darthy Guest

    A GF3 would be a good improvement over a GF2 card... which is about
    the performance of a 5200.

    Darthy, Jan 18, 2004
  10. Asestar

    Darthy Guest

    Can't help you there... do a google search for local shops. Those
    cards will be a lot harder to find than the fx series of cards... even
    in the USA - they are rare... GF3s are long gone.

    Darthy, Jan 18, 2004
  11. Asestar

    Asestar Guest

    I just bid for a Creative 3dblaster gf3 ti200 64mb /tv-out. Cost me about
    70$. It's cheap over here in Norway, as a 9200se 128 sells for 95-100$.

    Asestar, Jan 18, 2004