GeForce4 420 Go: external monitor as primary

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Alexander Greisle, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Hello NG,

    i have a problem with my GeForce4 420 Go in a Toshiba notebook
    Satellite Pro 6100 running with W2000 pro.

    Goal is to use a two monitor (internal and external TFT) solution
    which spreads the screen over the two displays. Works so far.

    Due to ergonomic reasons the external monitor has to be the primary.
    And this is the problem. In the nView-Panel of the driver there
    exists an option called "use this as primary display" (sorry for the
    bad translation, I work with a german system). But this option is
    deactivated.

    Can anybody tell me the a solution to get this option activated or
    any other ideas to work with the dual monitor solution in the way
    described above?

    Thx!

    BTW:
    version of driver 28.46 (the latest one Toshiba provides)
    Unfortunately there is no (known) way to install newer versions of
    the driver. I tried 53.03 and 45.33 but after reboot there is still
    28.46 *argh*

    Alexander Greisle, Feb 3, 2004