    AJ Guest

    Is Geil a high quality brand for memories. Will it work as good as Crucial
    in Dell 4600. Thanks in advance.

    AJ, Mar 9, 2005

  2. It is a good name brand for enthusiast systems (overclocking) but
    usually will not work properly in Dell systems. If you have PC3200 RAM,
    make sure it's CL-3 and not 2.5 or 2.0.

    If you face a restocking fee if it doesn't work, pass on it and buy from
    Crucial or Kingston (KTD Dell-spec RAM).

    Edward J. Neth, Mar 9, 2005

  3. AJ

    AJ Guest

    The specs are:

    GeIL 5ns 32x8 Density DDR Chip.
    6 Layers Low Noises Shielded PCB.
    CAS 2.5 8-4-4 @ DDR400MHz PC3200 2.55v-2.85V

    It is CL 2.5. I need DDR 400 PC 3200. I will look for CL-3.

    Thanks.

    AJ, Mar 9, 2005