    fit in a PCI slot? Or in a AGP slot? Or do newer m/boards have a specific
    kind of expansion slot for this type of card?

    Are AGP 4x cards still relatively common (since my system has a 2x/4x AGP).

    Andrew Murray, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Andrew Murray

    Quaestor Guest

    Nope, no relevance whatever. Different as cheese and wednesday.
    I doubt any are being made anymore.

    Good motherboards for either PCIe or 8xAGP are cheep now. Still, having
    to put a new CPU, ram, etc, on ...

    Quaestor, Dec 31, 2005

  3. PCI Express, PCI and AGP are all different slots, they are not compatible.
    You don't need an AGP 4X card, an AGP 8X card will work at AGP 4X speed.

    Robert Hancock, Dec 31, 2005