    Crucial PC3200 CAS3 RAM, for use in DDR Based systems at up to 200Mhz FSB.

    Whether this will be compatible (with 3-3-3-8) timing and also allow me
    to keep my 800Mhz front side bus?

    ofn01, Mar 5, 2005

  2. ofn01

    dino Guest

    I had 2 matching sticks of OCZPC3200EL-256 on an Asus A7N8X-DLX...added a
    3rd stick of supposedly same...nothing but grief. In the long run bought
    Corsair Twinx PC3200-1024 C2PT. What a diff...stability and the capabilty to
    OC ...and this is base set of ram..so may not help but my 2 cents
    worth....just buy new ram and go 1 gig.

    dino, Mar 5, 2005

  3. ofn01

    Cuzman Guest

    Cuzman, Mar 7, 2005
  4. ofn01

    ofn01 Guest

    Cheers for the heads up on the newsgroup!
    IM still in two minds about what to do - it would be much easier if
    motherboards just supported four dimms at the speed they're rated for!
    (mine says it does - then at the end of the manual says that you're best
    off going for two sticks at ddr400 fsb800!)

    ofn01, Mar 7, 2005
  5. ofn01

    Fantabulum Guest

    It's always good to read the fine print in the MoBo manual. Mine said
    it supported 3Gb of PC2700( :cry: ) RAM and when I got it and checked
    it out; it turned out ot be 2Gb of PC2700 and 1Gb of PC2100. :evil:

    Fantabulum, Mar 9, 2005