Genius SW-5.1 speakers (Deluxe/the wooden ones) & other speakers for a budget computer 5.1 or higher

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by nil_einne1, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. nil_einne1

    nil_einne1 Guest

    Hey all,

    Has anyone had any experience with the Genius SW-5.1 speakers? Any
    comments are welcome. I've come across a few reviews but mostly in
    Czech or Hungarian neither of which has any acceptable automatic
    translator (Systrans/Babelfish doesn't support and TransExp is so crap
    it's difficult to make anything out)/

    Any other recommendations for a US$140 or under budget for 5.1 are
    welcome. I have a small room and altho my card can support 7.1, it
    isn't really conducive to a 7.1 system so 5.1 is probably best. These
    will mainly be used for games and also music. I don't use my computer
    for movies.

    I'm not an audiophile by any means as you can guess and the actually
    area that the speakers will cover is very small (about 4 sq meters) nor
    do I want to have it that loud (the walls here are thin for starters).

    Thanks all

    P.S. Although all comments are welcome, if you make a comment without
    any actual experience to back it up, I'll probably just ignore you
    (e.g. saying something is crap without trying it)

    nil_einne1, Jul 5, 2005

  2. nil_einne1

    Pen Guest

    Pen, Jul 5, 2005

  3. nil_einne1

    nil_einne1 Guest

    Hi thanks. I'd actually already come across the first review which was
    useful but I found not that informative. The second one is for the
    value edition speakers which are quite different (smaller, less
    powerful, not made of wood).

    nil_einne1, Jul 6, 2005