getPreferredPacketDescription not receiving properly initialized PACKET_DESCRIPTION

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Dan Larner, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Dan Larner

    Dan Larner Guest

    In C# I issue the call:

    preferredpktdesc = m_pdaRecognizer.PreferredPacketDescription;

    According to the docs, the recognizer should first receive a
    zeroed PACKET_DESCRIPTION, into which it should write the
    property and button counts. Next the client side should
    allocate space accordingly and call GetPreferredPacketDescription
    again to retrieve the actual values.

    However, my recognizer receives an obviously non-zeroed
    PACKET_DESCRIPTION, and never gets called again with
    any allocated space.

    Am I missing something or is this a bug?

    -- Dan

    Dan Larner, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Dan Larner

    Chris H. Guest