Getting a list of all USB devices connected.

Discussion in 'Apple' started by David Downing, Jan 20, 2014.

  1. I'm using Mavericks. Is here a way to get a system status report that showsall active devices connected to your Mac via USB ports?

    The reason I want to do this is that ever since I installed Mavericks, I'vebeen having trouble with the software I use to transfer pictures from my digital camera to the Mac. The software keeps saying "No camera was found." I want to see if it's a hardware problem. If a system status report showed no camera connected when the camera was connected and turned on, then that would mean it's a hardware issue -- like maybe a bad cable.

    David Downing, Jan 20, 2014

  2. David Downing

    Tom Stiller Guest

    The USB section of the System Report will give you what you ask.
    Launch the System Information app in /Applications/Utilities and click USB in
    the Hardware section.

    Tom Stiller, Jan 20, 2014

  3. David Downing

    Guest Guest

    system profiler.

    the easiest way to invoke it is option-click the apple menu, or you can
    run it from the utilities folder.
    not all cameras support mass storage mode. those that don't require
    custom software.

    Guest, Jan 20, 2014
  4. there also command-line

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4904915

    Michael Vilain, Jan 20, 2014
  5. David Downing

    J Burns Guest

    I just click the black apple at the upper left corner, then About this
    Mac, then More Info, then System Report.

    J Burns, Jan 21, 2014