    print to the HP OfficeJet 5610xi (I didn't buy it! :) and, when
    connected via USB to the Mac, the Mac also prints to it. Thanks for
    any thoughts, resolutions or clues.

    paintedjazz, Mar 13, 2008

  2. paintedjazz

    Jim Bertram Guest

    I have exactly the same problem. PC prints to HP Deskjet just fine.
    Mac will print to HP Deskjet just fine if connected directly via USB
    port. However over the net work will not print. I have print sharing
    turned on on the PC. In the printer setup on the Mac I can see the
    printer over the network. However when I try to print, Mac sends the
    print job, it shows up in the PC print que, but just runs blank paper
    out of the printer until I cancel the print job on the PC.

    Jim Bertram, Mar 13, 2008

  3. paintedjazz

    Mamamia Guest

    IF both computers are close enough to run USB cables from each to the
    printer, the quick and dirty solution is to buy a Belkin F1U200 USB
    switch box, run a USB cable from each computer to the switch box, and
    then run one USB cable from the switch box to the printer. Switching is
    manual, but it works just fine for me. Cheapest prices appear to be
    http://www.antonline.com or ebay, if you live in the US.

    Mamamia, Mar 15, 2008