    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 2/6/2004
    Time: 5:56:23 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: VIOLIN1
    The Promise RAID message server service failed to start due to the following
    error:

    -----------
    When I go to the link that is given here, I get this information from
    Microsoft:
    -------------
    Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 7000
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Version: 5.0
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
    Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
    %2.

    Explanation
    Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service,
    probably because the service is not configured correctly.

    User Action
    Do one or all of the following:

    a.. Review the error information displayed in the message.
    b.. Verify that the service password has not expired.
    c.. Verify that the service is in the correct location.
    d.. Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
    e.. To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when
    trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
    sc query service name
    The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes
    for the error.
    If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the
    service because the error was detected first.

    Version: 5.2
[...]

    So, my questions are WHAT exactly is missing? A file? If yes, what
    is the name of it?
    Is it RAID related or is it that the RAID Controller cannot find it?

    I don't get any errors or prompts when my Windows XP boots up, but I
    guess something is missing somewhere.

    Your help/comments are appreciated.

    M. B., Feb 6, 2004

  2. M. B.

    Tim Guest

    "The Promise RAID message server service failed to start"

    That means in simple english that the file required is not installed - note
    that it is for the Message Server, not the driver itself.

    You could try resolving this by upgrading to the latest proven drivers. The
    message server may be part of the upgrade.

    Don't deinstall the raid drivers!

    - Tim

    Tim, Feb 6, 2004

  3. M. B.

    DaveW Guest

    Why are you running it on the RAID controller? There are non-RAID SATA
    ports on that board.

    DaveW, Feb 6, 2004
  4. M. B.

    M. B. Guest

    Tim,

    I am already running the latest drivers. Hence that's why I can't figure it
    out.

    - Michael

    M. B., Feb 7, 2004
  5. M. B.

    M. B. Guest

    Dave:

    I was going to do a true RAID system originally, but then decided to keep
    just to one drive. As I never had any problems, I just decided to keep my
    single drive connected to the RAID connector.

    It's been working just fine for the last 6 months. I just accidently
    noticed this error at boot-up.

    - Michael

    M. B., Feb 7, 2004
  6. M. B.

    DCC Guest

    this error probably occurs at boot time before the primary raid drivers are fully loaded... try clearing your prefetch folder
    there is a program floating around that will do this for you that should resolve things
    but if your system runs fine other wise and if your event logs are not full of these entries just ignore it
    /HTH

    : Tim,
    :
    : I am already running the latest drivers. Hence that's why I can't figure it
    : out.
    :
    : - Michael
    :
    : > "The Promise RAID message server service failed to start"
    : >
    : > That means in simple english that the file required is not installed -
    : note
    : > that it is for the Message Server, not the driver itself.
    : >
    : > You could try resolving this by upgrading to the latest proven drivers.
    : The
    : > message server may be part of the upgrade.
    : >
    : > Don't deinstall the raid drivers!
    : >
    : > - Tim
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : > : > > I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 with the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard.
    : > > Although I have only ONE hard drive (Maxtor 120 Gig), I am running it in
    : > > RAID (SATA) mode via a Promise FastTrak 378 built-in controller (driver
    : > > 1.0.1.37), which is built-in to my motherboard. I've had this system
    : now
    : > > for 9 months without any problems.
    : > >
    : > > However, lately I have been tracking my "Management | Event Viewer |
    : > System
    : > > Log" and it seems that when I startup the computer, I always have 2
    : Errors
    : > > logged. Both of them have the following entry:
    : > > --------------------------
    : > > Event Type: Error
    : > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    : > > Event Category: None
    : > > Event ID: 7000
    : > > Date: 2/6/2004
    : > > Time: 5:56:23 AM
    : > > User: N/A
    : > > Computer: VIOLIN1
    : > > The Promise RAID message server service failed to start due to the
    : > following
    : > > error:
    : > > The system cannot find the file specified.
    : > >
    : > > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    : > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    : > > -----------
    : > > -------------
[...]
    : ********************************************************************
    : > >
    : > > So, my questions are WHAT exactly is missing? A file? If yes,
    : > what
    : > > is the name of it?
    : > > Is it RAID related or is it that the RAID Controller cannot find
    : it?
    : > >
    : > > I don't get any errors or prompts when my Windows XP boots up, but
    : I
    : > > guess something is missing somewhere.
    : > >
    : > > Your help/comments are appreciated.
    : > >
    : > >
    : > > --
    : > > To reply via email to this message, please delete REMOVETHESPAM
    : from
    : > > the beginning of the email address.
    : > >
    : > >
    : >
    : >