    the sidebar?

    2. How do I get rid of it? Everytime I click there by mistake, the
    program starts, which is a pain.

    MisterHyde, Feb 19, 2005

  2. MisterHyde

    Gerry Guest

    First you can add things to your side bar. I just added my Photograph
    folder to the sidebar by just dragging it there.
    Second, hold down the Command Key, click on the icon, drag it out of the
    sidebar.

    In OS 10, this process removes many items, from menus, window bars (yes
    you can drag items you want at hand to the top bar on windows), and
    sidebars.

    Gerry

    Gerry, Feb 19, 2005

  3. MisterHyde

    Zaphod B Guest

    - except you don't need the Command key. Just drag. :)

    Zaphod B, Feb 19, 2005
  4. MisterHyde

    matt neuburg Guest

    These questions would have been answered by reading my Take Control
    ebook on Customizing Panther. Okay, it's $5, but is that so much for
    pain relief? :) m.

    matt neuburg, Feb 19, 2005
  5. MisterHyde

    MisterHyde Guest

    I did read the "Dummies" book, and it seemed to be saying you couldn;t
    chANGE THE SIDEBAR.

    MisterHyde, Feb 19, 2005
  6. MisterHyde

    Wes Groleau Guest

    With an iBook finger pad, you have to drag _quickly_

    The slightest delay between pressing the button and moving the finger
    launches the program.

    Wes Groleau, Feb 20, 2005
  7. MisterHyde

    M-M Guest

    HUH?

    You _hold down_ the button _while dragging_ the icon off the sidebar.
    You cannot launch the program that way.

    You're clicking first??

    m-m

    M-M, Feb 20, 2005
  8. You just dragged it there. Specifically, between two items on the sidebar.

    Drag it out, just about anywhere.
    Oops, looks like I'm stealing your business.

    Matthew Russotto, Feb 22, 2005
  9. MisterHyde

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Borrowed iBook. I put the pointer over the Dock icon.
    Press the button and move the pointer. Let go of the
    button when the pointer is off the dock. If a little
    slow to start dragging, the program launches. It does
    not wait till button-release.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    It seems a pity that psychology should have
    destroyed all our knowledge of human nature.
    -- G. K. Chesterton

    Wes Groleau, Feb 22, 2005