    to take me directly to the Maps app with, obviously(?) the destination
    read in. How to? Or other work arounds so I can get to the maps quickly
    with the destination already chosen.

    John McWilliams, Mar 18, 2009

  2. Enter the address into Address Book on your Mac and sync with your iPhone.
    It'll then be available for selection in the Maps app.

    In the Maps app, if the search/start/end address box isn't empty, tap the (X)
    button to clear it. Then tap the small book icon and choose an entry from your
    address book.

    Wayne C. Morris, Mar 19, 2009

  3. You left out a step; after tapping the book icon, tap the "contacts" tab
    in the bottom right of the screen.

    Michelle Steiner, Mar 19, 2009
  4. The only reply showing me in this thread is Michelle's reply to Wayne's
    post. So I don't see if there are other replies, nor if there's more to
    Wayne's post. {I've had a touch of difficulty with the Motz server this am}

    IAE, I am not looking to add stuff to my Address Book, which does work
    nicely for those people I want to visit, and who already live in the AB.

    I'd like to find a good method for getting Google maps activated on the
    iPhone with just a link from my desktop.

    John McWilliams, Mar 19, 2009
  5. I don't understand what you're trying to do.

    -- Michelle

    Michelle Steiner, Mar 19, 2009
  6. John McWilliams

    Doc O'Leary Guest

    Maybe not exactly what you want, but try:

    http://mu.subsume.com/

    Doc O'Leary, Mar 20, 2009
  7. Looks very interesting, and I will give it a go later.

    Thanks.

    John McWilliams, Mar 20, 2009