Getting the most out of a display?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by FurPaw, Aug 1, 2009.

  1. FurPaw

    FurPaw Guest

    Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm fairly ignorant when it
    comes to display technologies... and I certainly don't speak the
    jargon well!

    I just got a wide screen monitor [i-INC model iF251H, 1920 X 1080
    px], but my display adapter only seems to allow me to set up the
    screen as 1680 x 1050.

    Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
    Display Adapter Driver: 6.14.11.6371 (9/17/2007)
    OS: Windows MX Service Pack 3

    Can I set up the screen for the full 1900x1080px by updating the
    driver, or will I need to get a new video card?

    If updating the driver is sufficient, is this the one I should
    download? GeForce/ION Driver Release 190 (R 190.38)?

    If I need to get a new video card, what do you recommend? I'm
    not a gamer, but I do some work with large images and
    screencasting, so a high-quality, crisp rendering of images and
    text is important to me.

    Thank you for your patience in answering my questions!

    Carol

    FurPaw, Aug 1, 2009