    I wait for ssome links, but if u have one of this two cards, please, say
    what u think, what are the results in new games (doom 3, fracry).

    Byru

    byru, Aug 23, 2004

  2. byru

    byru Guest

    yes, that is what i have heard already, but maybe u know some pages that can
    proove that :D

    Byru

    byru, Aug 23, 2004

  3. byru

    Nicolai Guest

    can you ghive me some statistics and comparison of this two cards. I have
    Save the 100$ and get the GT - same card, clocken slightly slower.

    Nicolai, Aug 23, 2004
  4. byru

    Chip Guest

    Its the same *architecture*. But to say its the same card is a little
    misleading. First of all the Ultra has a different power supply arrangement
    to get more current to the GPU to maintain the higher clock speeds. It has
    twin molex connectors and more "beefy" voltage regulation circuitry. It
    provides 1.4v to the GPU (as opposed to 1.3v on the GT) and since this
    generates more heat, it has a larger and more powerful heatsink/fan. And it
    also uses 1.6ns memory instead of the 2.0ns memory found on the GT's.

    Having said all that, a GT clocked at the same speed as an Ultra will run at
    the same speed. They are the smae architecture and in that respect, the 2
    cards are "the same".

    If you want benchmarks, 5 seconds with google will provide you with all the
    details you want.

    Chip

    Chip, Aug 23, 2004
  5. byru

    Jeff B Guest

    No. I have tested both extensively in my computer. The difference is
    12-21% depending on the game.

    Jeff B

    Jeff B, Aug 24, 2004
  6. byru

    Chip Guest

    Probably true. But it will be less if you overclock the GT. Nearly all
    GT's will do 400MHz and many will do 425MHz or maybe even a little more.
    Thats a 50MHz to 75MHz overclock compared to stock. Of course you can
    overclock the Ultras too, but I don't think you will get a 50 ~ 75MHz
    overclock out of them without a *very* strong PSU and some serious cooling.

    So perhaps in reality you might be comparing a GT that will do maybe 405MHz
    with an Ultra that will do maybe 425MHz. I suspect the difference is rather
    less than 12% in that case.

    Chip

    Chip, Aug 24, 2004