gf4mx440 black screens when using explorer to browse hard drive (duplicate post as last didnt appear

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Alan Hinchcliffe, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. I'm having this weird problem with a gf4 mx440 64mb ddr in that when ever i
    single click on an mpg file or any movie for that matter in windows explorer
    my screen goes black for a few seconds then returns as if nothing has
    happened my guess is its a full screen video overlay problem but i have
    turned this off in my display properties. my friend has the 128mb version of
    my card and it exhibits the exact same symptoms the weird thing is it has
    only just started doing it in the last 2 weeks but i have been adding
    software and updated drivers so i am not sure how the problem has occurred.

    I have just started using the pc as a digital video editing platform for my
    DV home movies, so its happening loads now as i compile clips from my hard
    disk

    It looks as though while exploring the drive my computer is trying to
    generate a thumbnail of each video clip but it is going to a full screen
    overlay while it looks for the first frame?

    athlon 2000

    gigabyte ga7vaxp

    512mb ddr ram

    windows XP pro

    Alan Hinchcliffe, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Alan Hinchcliffe

    Strontium Guest

    Your server is working. No need to repost it :) Just an FYI... Have you
    tried rolling back your detonators?

    -
    Alan Hinchcliffe stood up at show-n-tell, in

    Strontium, Aug 6, 2003

  3. i have tried going back to the detonators i was using before but im not sure
    if a regestry key has been left behind because it still does it with the
    40.72 drivers i was using before i upgraded to the 44.03 from MS windows
    update

    Alan Hinchcliffe, Aug 6, 2003
  4. i have tried a clean install of my drivers (41.09) after using driver clean
    in safemode and it still does it.

    haveing explored this further it appears to be a mpg files encoded in a
    particular way hence it only occuring in the last couple of weeks (after i
    have started using my machine to edit digital video).

    the files affected are only files encoded in pal 720 x 576 25fps dvd mpg2
    format, vcd and svcd format mpgs are not affected so it looks like im
    leaving the topic of alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia ill have to ask in
    digital video editing and see if they have an answer. but has anyone else
    experienced this problem?

    There is a solution!"

    http://www.giantcompany.com

    Alan Hinchcliffe, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Alan Hinchcliffe

    Strontium Guest

    Sorry to read that. Still, scrap Winblows update :)

    -

    Strontium, Aug 6, 2003