    the system. Nothing is happening when I plug in cable from my router.
    Is there any tools to diagnose that port? It looks completely dead.
    Thanks for any help.

    kralfik, Feb 25, 2008

  2. kralfik

    mr deo Guest

    Did you go into the bios for anything while you were swapping cards around?.
    Sounds like it's either completly disabled, or the psu (on board) may be
    cutting off.

    mr deo, Feb 26, 2008

  3. kralfik

    kralfik Guest

    No, I was not able to get into bios, the old card I have swaped gave
    me black screen so I have switched back to my regular card and
    everything stared except my gigabit lan port.
    It really looks completley disabled. Is there any way to check it?

    BTW. the old video card was AGP I think 2x which it is supposed to
    work with power 3.3V, but than I have realized that A7N8X-E supports
    only AGP card with power 1.5V.
    Could that cause the problem?
    Yesterday, I did cmos reset, but it didn't help at all.

    kralfik, Feb 26, 2008
  4. Well, the A7N8X-E Deluxe has two ethernet connections.

    Did you just plug into the wrong one? Did you check to see if you can
    get the other one to work?

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Feb 26, 2008
  5. kralfik

    kralfik Guest

    Likeley for me A7N8X-E has two ethernet connections, so I have swapped
    the cable to other one (Nvidia lan port) and it is working OK.
    The porblem is with Gigabit Marvell port which has stopped working and
    disappeared from windows device manager.
    Is there any tools/software to check the motherboard?

    Thanks for any help.

    kralfik, Feb 26, 2008
  6. kralfik

    Andy Guest

    Run the Marvell Yukon diagnostic software
    <http://www.marvell.com/drivers/search.do>
    DOS Diagnostic Utility for Yukon Devices
    File Name: yukondg_v6.43.3.3.zip
    Date: September 7, 2007
    Size: 432 kilobytes
    Estimated
    Download Time: on Dial-up (53.3 kbps)
    on DSL/Cable (768 kbps)
    on T1 (1.5 mbps)
    or
    Windows Diagnostic Utility for Yukon Devices v7.25.5.3
    File Name: SetupDIAGwin_v7.25.5.3.zip
    Date: March 30, 2007
    Size: 6.3 megabytes

    Andy, Feb 27, 2008
  7. kralfik

    Natéag Guest

    <> a écrit dans le message de
    Likeley for me A7N8X-E has two ethernet connections, so I have swapped
    the cable to other one (Nvidia lan port) and it is working OK.
    The porblem is with Gigabit Marvell port which has stopped working and
    disappeared from windows device manager.
    Is there any tools/software to check the motherboard?

    Thanks for any help.

    I have not read the whole thread, but Ihad that motherboard (excellent).
    Have you checked if the port is enabled in the BIOS ?

    You may wish to reset the BIOS to default and seen whAT HAPPENS.

    Natéag, Feb 27, 2008
  8. kralfik

    Patty Guest

    It's been a long while since I set my board up, but I don't recall a BIOS
    setting to enable/disable the Gigabit Lan Port. If I recall, it's a switch
    (jumper) on the board that does so. You can enable/disable the regular
    Nvidia Lan Port through the BIOS.

    Patty

    Patty, Feb 28, 2008
  9. kralfik

    Arno Wagner Guest

    I had Marvell ports die on my before from heat. But you
    should check your BIOS settings first.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 2, 2008