    just not right now.)

    Thanks,
    Rick

    digitsix, Nov 11, 2003

  2. digitsix

    Dziban Guest

    If you drop in the new chip and set the DIP switch to 166/333 FSB, yet
    only have PC2100 memory, you probably won't be able to boot. You need
    to set the DIP to 133/266 in order to get it to work...which really
    pisses me off since I'm wasting my processor. Incidentally, if you
    actually upgrade your memory to the PC3200 (DDR 400MHz) as you
    supposedly can, it only runs at 333MHz if you have a 333MHz chip. More
    waste. Giga-byte sucks, they won't get any more of my money.

    Dziban, Nov 19, 2003

  3. digitsix

    dick Guest

    I have the GA7VAX and it will run CPU & RAM at 167+ or whatever you set it
    at WITH
    JUMPER at166.
    Using XP1700+ TB at 12.5x175 with PC2700 ram. Crucial PC2100 CL 2.5 Ram will
    run at 166+

    dick, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Yup same here,
    I'm running a 3000+ @333Mhz FSB.
    That went well with the SATA 120gig I installed untill i popped in the
    Kingston
    HyperX 3200 DDR that should be running at 400mhz. Well the board only does
    333mhz. The biggest let down. I sure am not going to overclock just to
    achieve 400
    MHZ.

    Henry Mayoral, Nov 25, 2003