    Going to have to try a reinstall, jsut to get a soundcard working
    !!!!!!

    Any help ?

    Paul Mathews, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Anyone ?>>???

    I just did a reinstall and the same as soon as i reboot the damn pc
    says i don't have an XFI installed ???

    And nothing shows up in my sounds or Audio devices. This is freaking
    weird. I have to install my drivers all the time after each reboot
    just to get sound and when i do this my sound is fin, but after a
    reboot no sound :(

    I just did a reinstall total format and reinstall of Xp and thought
    this would fix it but NOPE :()

    Any ideas.

    Paul Mathews, Nov 18, 2006

  3. Paul Mathews

    Bill Guest

    You turned off the onboard sound in the BIOS before you booted, right? I
    would remove any sound related-drivers before i rebooted too...then hope
    windows recognized the "new hardware".

    Good luck,
    Bill

    Bill, Nov 19, 2006
  4. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    As far as i know i never installed Audio drivers for the onboard audio
    and the Audio in the bios has always been turned off !!!!!!

    I don't have any option for sound that works so no drivers have been
    loaded for onboard audio. But ill turn the Onboard audio on the bios
    and see if i can an option for sound if not something is screwy.

    When i do get sound it seems just to detect the card just before the
    welcome Xp tune finishes. I think my Mobo realy needs a Bios update to
    fix this. Bring on F8 Final. I wish i could find F8g or higher :(

    Thanks.

    /PS I installed the chipset drivers. Does this install sound drivers
    as thats all i installed ??

    That and the Lan internet drivers.

    Okies.

    Paul Mathews, Nov 20, 2006
  5. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Just put my Audigy 2 ZS in and no probs, though the sound ain that
    good compared to the XFI :(

    I Am So sad :(

    Paul Mathews, Nov 20, 2006
  6. Paul Mathews

    fondue Guest

    Have you tried the card manufacturers website/ support?

    fondue, Nov 21, 2006
  7. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    I guess i will have to :(