Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev. 3.3) -Controller SATA II issue

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by xkata, Jul 8, 2007.

1. xkata

xkata

Hi,

i have recently discovered a possible problem. I have two disks connected to this mobo: (Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev. 3.3) one WD 250GB SATA II (two partitions) connected to the SATAII0 port and the second is a Seagate 200GB SATA I (two partitions) connected to the SATAII1 port. In bios the channel SATAII controller is set to IDE mode. For example, when i copy a file (for example a 1GB size) from any partition of the first disk (WD 250GB SATA II) to any partition of the second (Seagate 200GB SATA I) the transfer time is very long (about 20 min) and the cpu goes up to 45% usage. The same problem occurs also when i copy a file from one partition to another partition of same disk.
    I tried to fix the problem by changing the data cables, checking if the drives are healthy, checking the existance of conflicts in device manager...and nothing has happened.
    In the end i have moved the Seagate 200GB SATA I disk from SATAII1 to SATAII2 and everything works properly, transfer time decreased under 2 min and the CPU runs in normal parameters.

Are there any limitations regarding the usage of two different disks (SATA I and SATA II) on the same controller?

Catalin

xkata, Jul 8, 2007
Ask a Question