Gigabyte GA-686DX rev.1A

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Raffaello D. Di Napoli, Apr 5, 2011.

  1. Hello,
    Where can I find a (PDF) manual for a dual Pentium Pro motherboard I
    just acquired? The model name printed on it is GA-686DX, rev.1A.

    So far, I found a fairly comprehensive list of settings at <http://
    artofhacking.com/th99/m/E-H/34214.htm>, but I’d like to have the
    actual manual, mostly to make sure that it matches my board’s revision
    for connector positions/labels, and also to have a list of the
    integrated ICs.

    I would also like to know if any BIOS updates are available, and where
    these could be found. I don’t care about drivers, in case you’re
    wondering.

    This is an excerpt of the information from Aida:
    Gigabyte GA-686DX
    Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG (12/05/96)
    12/05/96-i440FX-8669-2A69HG0BC-00
    BIOS message: Intel 440FX BIOS for Dual Pentium(R) Pro Processor V.
    1.23

    Chipset: Intel Natoma 82440FX
    PCI-00-0-02: Intel 82441FX PCI and Memory Controller - PMC [A-1]
    PCI-07-0-01: Intel 82371SB PCI ISA IDE Xcelerator - PIIX [B-0]
    PCI-07-1-00: Intel 82371SB PIIX3 - IDE Controller

    Thank you in advance,

    Raffaello D. Di Napoli, Apr 5, 2011

  2. Raffaello D. Di Napoli

    Paul Guest

    http://ftp4.de.freesbie.org/pub/misc/mainboards/ftp.gigabyte.com.tw/UserManual/686_series/GA-686DX/

    686dx.zip 21-Nov-1998 01:00 65k

    The document inside is a "Word For Windows 2" document ?

    I was able to read that in OpenOffice.

    I can't find a BIOS for you.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 5, 2011

  3. Thank you, that was perfect. Although I had to install Word 2000 in a
    virtual machine to be able to see the graphics in the document.

    Well, thanks anyway.

    Raffaello D. Di Napoli, Apr 6, 2011