    Can any one tell me if this mobo has fan control on the cpu. i.e. hotter =
    quicker fan?

    Is the AGP and PCI buses locked?

    Justin Barnes, Apr 29, 2004

  2. That board has a variable fan control option in the BIOS. It runs at full
    speed if the CPU temp is above 40C.
    That board has the ability to lock the PCI/AGP bus at 66MHz as do almost all
    nForce2 boards. It's an nForce2 chipset feature but not every manufacturer
    has implemented it. (?)

    TMC

    Too_Much_Coffee ®, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Justin Barnes

    boostland Guest

    I have 2 dead gigacraps that are going for rma.
    Gigacrap can't make a bios that works with standard ram, look at the bios
    update for the GA7n400e, It was supposed to fix the non booting problems
    with kingmax and kingston ram.
    I have stopped suppling gigacrap now to my customers, too many failures, I
    supply asus now a much nicer board compatible with all the ram that the
    gigacrap would not work with.
    Asus also have Q fan to slow the fan when the cpu is not running hot, they
    also have a 3 year warranty.

    boostland, May 1, 2004