Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro 2 Rev2 won't recognise keyboard and gives no error

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Netty, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Netty

    Netty Guest

    I have a Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro 2 Rev. 2 and decided to put some mor
    memory in it. I installed 2 x 512mb sitcks into slots 3 & 4 but on boo
    up this was not being recognised and Dual DDR was no longer bein
    enabled.

    I removed the new memory sticks and went back to my old configuratio
    and now the keyboard is not being recognised on boot up and when i
    gets to the page where Windows XP should load I get a series of beep
    and a black screen!

    I've tried running it barebones and still the same!

    I'm using Elixir DDR400 memory, 120GB Maxtor HD, NVidia MX440 128M
    graphics card and a DVD ROM.

    It was working perfectly before the memory install (though I did hav
    intial teething problems with IDE 1 which an upgrade of bios cured) an
    was also running on a RAID 0 Array.

    I have tried everything and even a USB keyboard but because I disable
    USB keyboard support in the BIOS and I can't get back into it I'
    stumped!

    I'd appreciate some help or advice if possible! :)

    I also have a GA-7VAX-A which is giving me an NTLDR error on boot u
    and that's not recognising the keyboard for me to get into the BIO
    either

    Netty, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Netty

    jpsga Guest

    I always have to look this up because it appears to be unique to this board.

    To use four modules, both DIMM 3 and DIMM 4 must be single sided sticks.
    Page 19 in the manual. I do not recall hearing from any one that got this
    board to 2G at 400MHz in Dual Channel.

    The beep codes are on page 95 for the Award BIOS. Maybe you have to reseat
    the video card.

    jpsga, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Netty

    Netty Guest

    Hi,

    Many thanks for that. I will give it a try and see what happens.

    I think I may have to buy a new board!

    :-

    Netty, Apr 14, 2006