Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Richard, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Hello

    I have just upgraded my PC and am having a few problems. Any help or
    comments would be appreciated.

    Original system was based on an AMD Athlon 500 mHz, 1287MB RAM, 10GB
    HDD, CD, DVD, CDRW with PCI modem, sound, TV and network card, 1x AGP
    ATI RAGE 128 graphics card running off a 250W PSU. Mainboard
    motherboard. I have windows 98 installed which I am keeping.

    The new system has been upgraded to the following:
    AMD Athlon XP 2400 mHz
    Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro motherboard
    256MB DDR RAM
    120GB HDD
    350W PSU
    As the motherboard requires a 4X AGP card I am using a Nvidia 16MB
    card.

    The problems are
    1) Processor is only reported as Athlon XP 1800mHz
    2) The floppy drive light is constantly on but the floppy drive will
    not read any floppies or boot up from a:\
    3) After every successful boot (ie into Dos or windows off my old HDD)
    when rebooted there is no signal coming from the PC – the monitor
    light blinks - which means no signal! If I leave it off for 15 minutes
    it will work when booted again.
    4) If I install my new HDD then nothing seems to work, it is
    unformatted obviously.
    5) The CD/DVD/CDRW are not detected in windows but they appear in BIOS

    This happens even when in BIOS everything but the essentials are
    disabled, including the backup BIOS. The testing setup was just one
    HDD, CDRW, CD, floppy and Graphics card.

    Any help much appreciated

    Regards

    Richard

    Richard, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Richard

    boh Guest

    - You need to change the FSB speed
    - Are you sure you have connected to the correct part of the cable? There
    are two different ways, one is twisted the other is not
    - Is your card a 1.5 V card? Does it have 1.5V tab?
    - If you have 2 CD drives. make sure that you jumpers are set correctly.
    Sometime you need to "force" one to be master and the other slave.

    boh, Jul 27, 2003