    connection on the board.

    Please Help, as i am going out of my mind trying to get this thing working.

    Running Windows XP Professional, SP2, all updates upto date.

    Mag1c1an, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Mag1c1an

    eltan Guest

    I think the problems are, 1) The hub is not a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub, or 2)
    the supplied USB cable is not, so get a genuine USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable, or
    test the hub on another machine.

    Also, XP may not support the USB hub you got. On Win2k & WInME, its
    displayed and proven to be a USB 2.0 hi-speed, but in xp, it not.

    eltan, Apr 23, 2005

  3. Mag1c1an

    Ian Guest

    Ok, I had one of these boards and achieved USB2 speeds using the supplied
    bracket, which is a hi-speed certified cable. All six ports on this board
    are USB2.0 and work with XP. I'd put my money on controller drivers. Try
    this one (install it over what you have already):
    http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/drivers/USB/VIA_USB2_V260-L.zip

    Ian, Apr 23, 2005
  4. Mag1c1an

    Ian Guest

    Oh, and make sure USB 2.0 is enabled in the BIOS !!!

    Ian, Apr 23, 2005
  5. Mag1c1an

    Mag1c1an Guest

    Hi Again, Installed the drivers you sent me. Now what sort of speed should
    i be transferring a 697mb file to say a 5 GB USB Seagate Mini HDD?

    Mag1c1an, Apr 23, 2005
  6. Travis Jordan, Apr 23, 2005
  7. Mag1c1an

    Ian Guest

    Er, no idea actually!

    Ian, Apr 23, 2005
  8. Mag1c1an

    Ian Guest

    In theory USB 2.0 can hit 480mb/sec, but I'd be amazed if you transferred
    your file in what would then be less than 2 seconds. However, I would not
    expect more than 10 seconds, say.

    Has the warning message cleared now?

    Ian, Apr 23, 2005
  9. Mag1c1an

    Ian Guest

    Ian, Apr 23, 2005
  10. Mag1c1an

    Mag1c1an Guest

    Jesus, this is really starting to tick me off now.

    USB 2 is enabled in BIOS, the system says i have USB 2 drivers installed,
    and i have an VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller installed in my device
    manager.

    But I am still getting the warning message off my USB 2 Hub. Could this be
    the Hubs Fault? Or am i doing something completely stupid.

    Mag1c1an, Apr 28, 2005
  11. Mag1c1an

    trainman Guest

    I am sorry that I didn't follow the entire post but is sounds like the
    problem I had with my 7N400. I had a hub that would flip back and
    forth from 2.0 to 1.1 and back again over a period hours days or
    weeks. It also caused my HP scanner to revert to 1.1 even though it
    wasn't pluged into the hub.

    Got a new hub and have had no problem since. BTW the old hub works
    fine on my wifes computer.

    trainman , Apr 28, 2005