    various beep sequences?

    Thanks in advance.

    -The Derfer

    The Derfer, Oct 8, 2007

  2. The Derfer

    meerkat Guest

    "The Derfer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Upon reboot (without power-down) of the PC with my Gigabyte
    > GA-7VCSV-
    > RH board in it,
    > I hear one long beep followed by two short beeps.
    >
    > What is the significance of the beep sequence? Where can I find a
    > listing of the meaning of the
    > various beep sequences?

    Just done a search for Phnix Server BIOS error codes, and got
    no results.
    Check the BIOS type when you boot the machine (Bottom r/h
    side of screen).

    meerkat, Oct 8, 2007

  3. The Derfer

    johns Guest

    That "might" be the fan not starting quick enough.
    Try briefly turning the cpu fan alarm off in the BIOS,
    and see if that stops it. If it does, then you'll have to
    leave it off. It doesn't beep on cold boot, because
    the BIOS is not at that alarm point before the fan
    has spun up.

    johns

    johns, Oct 8, 2007
  4. The Derfer

    Frank McCoy Guest

    In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt The Derfer <> wrote:

    >Upon reboot (without power-down) of the PC with my Gigabyte GA-7VCSV-
    >RH board in it,
    >I hear one long beep followed by two short beeps.
    >
    >What is the significance of the beep sequence? Where can I find a
    >listing of the meaning of the
    >various beep sequences?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Perhaps this (or one of the links on the page there) might help:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-on_self-test

    --
    _____
    / ' / â„¢