Gigabyte GA-8I875 Ultra F5 Bios no BOOT..

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Woger MKII , Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Updated from F2 to F5 all went ok, reset the Bios options, set the Boot for
    SCSI-0 IT8212, this use to be called ITE Raid Controller.

    Now all I get is NO ACTIVE PARTITION repeated all the time

    System is a MS Dual boot 98se/XP

    Raid is not being use, hard drives are on the Raid controller but the bios is
    set for ATA..

    Any clues or is this version stuffed..?

    went back to F2 and all is OK..

    Noticed that F5 takes a lot longer to boot, plus you get that extra scanning
    hard drive thing..

    Woger MKII , Dec 2, 2003

  2. If it's anything like the F8 BIOS for 8KNXP, you really need to have all
    RAID drivers installed before upgrading... even the Intel one which is kinda
    impossible as you can't enabled the RAID and still get in to windows to
    install the driver.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Yes The ITE Raid Drivers are loaded but not the SATA as that is disabled in
    the bios, and yes its a similar bios as the boards are the same except for the
    Extra power module.

    Woger MKII , Dec 2, 2003

  4. Is this not possible as per the Install CD..

    General Installation Notes:

    1. The Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility
    should be installed on the system after Windows XP has
    been installed.

    2. Double-click on the self-extracting and self-installing
    setup file and answer all prompts presented.

    3. If you are installing the operating system onto a
    RAID volume, you must pre-install the RAID driver using
    the F6 method described in section 4.2.

    Also if I try to run it, it comments that my hardware is not compatible..

    But then again I have all the SATA Options turned off in the Bios..

    Woger MKII , Dec 3, 2003
  5. Exactly like mine, i turn off the RAID function off my ICH5R, and after
    flashing the BIOS to F8 it works fine... until i turn off the computer.
    Then the RAID function becomes enabled, even though it is off in the BIOS.
    Then windows thinks it is on a RAID controller, and won't boot cause i never
    installed the drivers (F6 option) when i installed XP.

    Going back to the F6 BIOS makes it all simple again.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Dec 3, 2003