Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 Ultra Serial ATA and Parallel ATA bootup problem

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Dan, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Just want to know how something is done.

    Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 Ultra using F8a BIOS

    I am asking about the boot up sequence of Serial ATA and Parallel ATA
    hard drives.

    I just want to format the old Parallel hard drive once and remove it
    without needing to remove the Serial ATA hard drive.

    How do I make the Serial ATA primary boot up first before any of the 4
    IDE ports are detected so that it can go to SATA primary first and
    load Windows XP then detect the other hard drives from the IDE ports?

    The BIOS does not have a boot sequence order at all.

    What I was trying to do is boot up from Serial ATA primary hard drive
    that has Windows XP on it and use another Parallel IDE hard drive with
    Windows XP as well on it, but I wanted it to act as a slave only and
    not use Win XP.

    The motherboard always tries to boot up with the Parallel IDE hard
    drive first instead of Serial ATA unless the Parallel IDE hard drive
    with Windows XP is removed.

    Any suggestions?

    Dan, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Dan

    10.0.0.256 Guest

    10.0.0.256, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Yes I know you are referring to the SATA/RAID/SCSI Boot Order, but the
    problem is it appears shadowed with an 'x' to the left of the feature.
    Any suggestions why F8a BIOS is shadowing it and how to make it
    unshadow?

    Thanks.

    Dan, Nov 19, 2003