    have recorded wtih Windows Media Player at192 kbps. Do you think I am likely
    to notice much of an upgrade?

    Thanks for your opinion, Bill

    Bill, Sep 20, 2006

  2. No, I don't think that you will notice a difference.

    I have that same motherboard (GA-965P-DS3), and I did disable the
    onboard sound and add a sound card (Audigy 2ZS Platinum). But where you
    will see difference is in the features (in particular I wanted the front
    panel "live drive" of the Audigy Platinum series), and in the quality of
    recordings. I doubt if you will hear any difference at all in the
    playback quality.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 20, 2006