    around the CPU socket. I assume this is to hold certain heatsinks, but
    which ones?

    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/FileList/ProductImage/photo_k8nxp-9_big.jpg

    miso, Apr 20, 2005

  2. The A1889 is for socket A, AthlonXP, you do need the A1838.
    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Apr 20, 2005

  3. miso

    miso Guest

    Unfortunately the store where I bought it was out of the right fan. I
    got a Gigabyte fan meant for K8 and it fit the plastic mounting tabs on
    the ring that goes around the CPU area. The instructions on the fan
    were surprising poor, but it was obvious how to get it to clip on.

    miso, Apr 22, 2005