Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SP BIOS beep codes

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by RoundSparrow, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. RoundSparrow

    RoundSparrow Guest

    Hi,

    Got a new GA-P35-DSS3P that wouldn't boot. Got 3 beeps, pause, 8
    beeps. Would reset then repeat the beep codes.

    Replaced power supply, video card, RAM (3 sets), nothing worked.

    Ultimately the cause was the CPU. Intel Celeron D 336 that I had put
    on to flash the BIOS with before I replaced the Celeron with a
    quadcore Core 2 G0 stepping.

    The Celeron D 336 works perfectly fine in an older Gigabyte P965-DS3 -
    and it is listed on the compatibility for both motherboards.
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...rboard&ProductID=2533&ProductName=GA-P35-DS3P

    Hopefully this beep code will be of use to someone.

    The BIOS beep codes are very poorly documented on the Gigabyte website
    and owners manual. It does not even describe such a pattern of beep,
    pause, beep and only describes "long and short" beeps (all beeps were
    same length).

    Anyway, hope this helps someone.

    Stephen Gutknecht
    Canyon Lake, Texas