Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Raid set up in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by golfnut4u, Mar 20, 2010.

1. golfnut4u

golfnut4u

Hello,

I have taken the plunge and built my own system. Everything has gone together easily, but I have run into an issue with setting up Raid 10. I have no experience with setting up a RAID system, and I have tried to follow the various troubleshooting that I have found on line...but no success yet. So, here is what I have done.....

Using 4 Hard Drives (1.5 terabytes each) SATA2, I have updated the BIOS to show them as Raid. I have also installed the SATA/RAID driver (it shows up as being active in device manager). However, the resulting 2.8TB drive does not appear when I go to windows explorer. I do see the drive in Disk Manager, but it shows as unallocated. I can right click on it, and create a "new simple volume" (the new spanned and new stripped options are greyed out). I'm just worried that this isn't the right next step for the Raid 10 to operate properly. Also, would I set it up as NTFS?

Thanks in advance for any insight on my next step.

Jerry

golfnut4u, Mar 20, 2010
Ask a Question